California Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Effective Date: April 6, 2022
This California Job Applicant Privacy Notice describes the categories of personal information Silver Lake Technology Management, L.L.C. and its affiliates (“Silver Lake” or “we”) collect about California residents who apply and/or are evaluated for jobs with Silver Lake (“Job Applicants”). Certain terms used in this notice have the meanings given to them in the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 and its implementing regulations (the “CCPA”).
Personal Information We Collect
Silver Lake collects the following categories of personal information about Job Applicants:
- Identifiers: identifiers, such as a real name, alias, postal address(es), telephone number, email address, Social Security number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, date and/or place of birth, IP address, and other similar identifiers
- Protected Classifications: characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, including but not limited to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, gender, marital status, disability, citizenship status, and military and veteran status
- Online Activity: Internet and other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with websites or applications
- Sensory Information: audio, electronic, visual, and similar information
- Employment Information: professional or employment-related information, such as information relating to your position (e.g., job title and job description) and talent management information (e.g., résumé information, references, occupation details, education details, certifications and professional associations, historical compensation details from previous employment (if voluntarily provided or as permitted by law), previous employment details, and pre-employment screening and background check information, including criminal records information)
- Non-Public Education Information: This includes non-public, personally identifiable education information (as defined in the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act).
- Additional Data: This includes information subject to Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80, such as your signature, physical characteristics or description, education, and other financial information.
- Inferences: inferences drawn from any of the information identified above to create a profile about you reflecting your preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes
How We Use the Personal Information
We use the personal information described above for the purpose of processing job applications, evaluating candidates for employment, and/or carrying out and supporting HR functions and activities, including as described below. In addition to these general HR purposes, the purposes listed below also include relevant “business purposes” or “commercial purposes” as they are described in the CCPA and its implementing regulations.
- Recruiting; processing job applications; performing background and other pre- employment checks; determining suitability for employment; determining physical and/or mental fitness for work; reviewing and evaluating applications; determining salary and other forms of compensation; providing references; reimbursing expenses; making travel arrangements; securing immigration statuses; reviewing hiring decisions; and providing access to facilities.
- Ensuring business continuity; protecting the health and safety of our staff and others; safeguarding, monitoring, and maintaining our IT infrastructure, office equipment, facilities, and other property; detecting or preventing theft or fraud, or attempted theft or fraud; and facilitating communication with you.
- Operating and managing our IT, communications systems, and facilities, and monitoring the use of these resources; performing data analytics; improving our services; allocating and managing company assets and human resources; strategic planning; project management; compiling audit trails and other reporting tools; maintaining records relating to business activities, budgeting, and financial management; managing any investment in or transactions relating to our business; and providing senior management oversight of the firm.
- Complying with legal requirements, such as tax, record-keeping and reporting obligations; conducting audits, management, and resolution of health and safety matters; diversity monitoring and EEO reporting; complying with requests from government or other public authorities; responding to legal process such as subpoenas and court orders; pursuing legal rights and remedies; defending litigation and managing complaints or claims; conducting investigations; and complying with internal policies and procedures.
- Performing services.
- Certain short-term, transient uses.
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and assisting in the prosecution of those responsible for that activity.
- Undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions regarding this California Job Applicant Privacy Notice or our privacy practices, please contact us at [email protected] or our toll-free number at (866) 994-0462.